About Me

My photo
I grew up in Texas. I met the love of my life in college. I didn't realize he was the love of my life until 10 years later!!! We are having an amazing life together. I couldn't ask for more! We have a lab mix named Chance. We rescued him from a local Humane Society. We are currently living in Boston.We miss Texas & our family and friends very much. I love my Mexican food! I have to have it every time we are in Texas.
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Monday, January 30, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pasta--My bday

Let me start this out by saying my hubby did a blow out job in planning my birthday celebration. Friday night he gathered up all our friends and we all met at the local bar. After dinner the waitress brought a cake over that my hubby went and picked up and dropped off before we got there. THEN Saturday we went into the city stayed at a great hotel, went to a yummy steak dinner, he took me to see The Lion King (AMAZING) and then went and got cheesecake at Junior's. Absolutely great night...oh & on top of ALL of that he bought me a Kitchen Aid Mixer that I have been wanting well...for forever! So you may now see a little more desserts on here. (Even though I have mentioned before I hate baking, the mixer may help me turn into a baker.) THANKS FOR EVERYTHING BABE, IT WAS THE BEST WAY A GIRL WHO TURNED 30 COULD CELEBRATE. I LOVE YOU!!!

Anyways...have I mentioned I love Pinterest?? I find so many great recipes on there. A few that Cory (the hubby) has even said, Will you please make that again? This one was please make again, but not so spicy. Oh--if I could only get him to enjoy spicy foods like me. :) So---here is the best of both worlds, buffalo chicken with pasta and cheese. Found on pinterest from: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/05/baked-buffalo-chicken-pasta/

Ingredients:
1 pound pasta (I used orecchiette)
3 cooked bonless skinless chicken breasts (I shredded mine)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 1/2 cups milk
4 oz monterery jack cheese (shredded)
1/3 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's...HOT buffalo instead of just buffalo)
1/3 cup bread crumbs
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
I boiled my chicken until it was cooked. Then let it cool to shred. I used the same water I boiled the chicken in for my pasta.
While pasta is cooking. Add the butter, and once it’s melted and bubbly add the flour in a medium saucepan. Whisk together to create a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes until mixture gets a bit golden in color. Add milk, stir and turn down heat to low. Continue stirring until milk thickens. Add in grated cheeses and continue to stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in buffalo wing sauce. I added in salt and pepper.


Spray a baking dish (9 x 13) with non-stick spray. Add pasta and chicken, then pour cheese sauce over and mix throughly until everything is coated. Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Spoon some out & eat!! I added some more buffalo sauce to the top of mine.


Another blogger I followed also made this recipe this weekend. She added Ranch dressing to the top of hers...I guess the East Coast is getting to me because I didn't think of that! You can check hers out at: http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/2012/01/sorry-i-dont-eat-buffalo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment