About Me

My photo
I grew up in Texas. I met the love of my life in college. I didn't realize he was the love of my life until 10 years later!!! We are having an amazing life together. I couldn't ask for more! We have a lab mix named Chance. We rescued him from a local Humane Society. We are currently living in Boston.We miss Texas & our family and friends very much. I love my Mexican food! I have to have it every time we are in Texas.
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Easter Wreath

As I said I had a DIY Funday Sunday! Thanks to Pinterest, I have tons of ideas on how to get color in our white, white apartment! One of three projects that I completed was an Easter wreath. I bought more supplies than what I needed, but I'll find a use for the extras!! I've seen a lot of Easter wreaths on Pinterest made with plastic eggs, so when I went to Michael's I put some in the cart, then I saw these pretty sequins eggs for only $.99 plus 30% off!! I say that's practically free. I really love making wreaths! They are so easy yet so beautiful and unique. Here is how I made my wreath:

2 rolls of wired edge Easter ribbon (1 1/2 in x 3 yd)
1 Foam Mousse Wreath ( 1 7/8 in x 1 7/8 in x 11 3/4 in)
3 sequin eggs (you'll see 6 in the picture, but I ended up using 3)
Fake gerber daisies
Low heat hot glue gun


Begin by hot gluing one end of the ribbon anywhere on the ring. (It's easier to wrap around the ribbon if you take it off the cardboard) You'll want to hot glue the end of the first ribbon where ever you end and then hot glue the beginning of the next ribbon on top of where the first ends (I hope that makes sense) So your wreath should look like:
Then I took the gerber daises off their stems and took off the bows and sticks from the eggs. I placed them on the wreath BEFORE I hot glued anything to the ribbon. Once I placed them and arranged them how I wanted I put some hot glue on the back of them and glued them on. With the eggs I held them down until the glue dried some and the flowers stayed put pretty well. This is where the low heat hot glue gun comes in handy. When I made my Christmas wreath (sorry no tutorial of that :( ) I used a regular hot glue gun and it melted the flowers I tried to put on there, so I went with plan B & next time I went to Michael's I bought a low heat on & it worked wonders! Here is my finished product hanging on our door!

I love how the pink, green, and yellow all coordinate!! I was going to use purple gerber daises, but it didn't look right. I'm so glad I stuck with the 3 colors! Even the hubby says "It's cute."


4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I love the colors, they make me feel like Spring is finally coming!

    Courtney (terminallydomestic.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney!! I like that the colors aren't too pastel-y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so cute and springy! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim! I am going to be sad when I have to take it down after next Sunday!! Maybe I'll just 'forget' till May! I am already thinking of a Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day wreath!!

    ReplyDelete