About Me

My photo
I grew up in Texas. I met the love of my life in college. I didn't realize he was the love of my life until 10 years later!!! We are having an amazing life together. I couldn't ask for more! We have a lab mix named Chance. We rescued him from a local Humane Society. We are currently living in Boston.We miss Texas & our family and friends very much. I love my Mexican food! I have to have it every time we are in Texas.
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Close to it Chick-fil-A Nugget Recipe & Changes

First I'll start with changes. Just when I get used to this blogging thing, Google decides to change it! First I get used to using Picnik and that is going away and now a new blogger software!! UGH! I'm not tech savvy, so I'm not even going to try and figure out WordPress...plus I think I like blogger better. How do I know if I've never tried WordPress? Well by reading other blogs. I don't like the format of them. Anyways onto anther Pinterest recipe...Close enough to Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets. Original recipe: http://www.mynameissnickerdoodle.com/2011/03/fabulous-food-friday-79.html

Ingredients:
2 skinless chicken breast (You could use chicken tenderloins also)
1 C Milk
1 Egg
1 1/4 C Flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Canola oil
& are you ready for the last ingredient??? 2 Tbsp of powder sugar (Yes you read that right!!)

In a bowl you'll whisk together the egg and milk. *Make sure you read the recipe thoroughly BEFORE you make a recipe.* ;) You'll put cubed chicken breast in the egg wash, cover and let marinate 2-4 hours. (I only did mine for an hour, hence the disclaimer) In at least a gallon size baggie (think Shake-N-Bake & I helped) combine the flour, salt, pepper, and powder sugar. Zip up and mix all those together real well. We have a Fry Daddy (although not much frying goes on in this household) so I poured a 48 oz bottle in it and it got up to the minimum line. If you don't have a handy dandy kitchen gadget, then pour about 2 inches of oil into a pot. You'll want the oil to get up to 375 degrees. (Add some water and then water should pop, your oil is hot enough)

Then throw your cubed chicken in your ziplock baggie and SHAKE it up until all chicken is covered. Then carefully put your chicken in the pot/fryer. You don't want them to touch. Roll them about 3 minutes in to get all sides of the chicken browned. Once they are floating and are a golden brown take them out and place on a paper towel.

Much like Amy ( My Name is Snickerdoodle) I eat my chicken nuggets with honey, the hubby eats his with BBQ sauce. I also served mine with corn to have some balance to the meal. Also apologize for the horrible picture. The camera was in another room and I was to eager to try this and grabbed my phone and snapped a photo still on the paper towels!! These will most definitely be made again until Chick-fil-A is just a drive away...oh and I have thought about putting them on bread and having my own Chicken-minis for breakfast! LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment