About Me

My photo
I grew up in Texas. I met the love of my life in college. I didn't realize he was the love of my life until 10 years later!!! We are having an amazing life together. I couldn't ask for more! We have a lab mix named Chance. We rescued him from a local Humane Society. We are currently living in Boston.We miss Texas & our family and friends very much. I love my Mexican food! I have to have it every time we are in Texas.
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Friday, April 13, 2012

Strawberry Cream Cake

Happy Friday the 13th!! I wanted to make a yummy dessert for our first Easter dinner and thanks again to Pinterest I found a recipe for a Strawberry Cream Cake. (I hate baking so Pinterest has kind of inspired me) Mine didn't have a fluffy cake like Serving Up Love's. (http://www.servinguplove.blogspot.com/2011/04/serving-up-cake-strawberry-cream-cake.html) But nonetheless was still tasty. I also did my topping a little different. Here's how to make it this yummy dessert:

Ingredients:
1/2 package white cake mix
1 egg
3/4 cup water
2 Tbs flour
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups powered sugar
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
1 container of strawberry glaze
1 package of strawberries, hulled and cut in half

Mix together the cake mix, egg, water and flour and blend on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13" x 9" pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until done. (Mine was almost burnt, so make sure you check on it) Cool completely.

Beat the whipping cream on high until soft peaks form. Set aside. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and add the powdered sugar in. (I combined these at the same time because I didn't read the directions all the way and it still turned out fine) Pour in the whipped cream until all mixed together. Spread over cool cake and refrigerate. (I refrigerated mine for about 2 hours)

Put the strawberries in a bowl and pour glaze on top. Mix until glaze covers strawberries. Put the strawberry glaze on top of the cream cheese layer. **If you have refrigerated the cake and topping this should spread on without messing up the cream cheese layer.

Because we are only two people, I brought what we didn't eat to work, and it was gone in less than 30 minutes. It was tasty and I got lots of compliments on it. Enjoy your weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment