About Me

My photo
I grew up in Texas. I met the love of my life in college. I didn't realize he was the love of my life until 10 years later!!! We are having an amazing life together. I couldn't ask for more! We have a lab mix named Chance. We rescued him from a local Humane Society. We are currently living in Boston.We miss Texas & our family and friends very much. I love my Mexican food! I have to have it every time we are in Texas.
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Friday, March 16, 2012

Salsa Chicken and Black bean Soup

I realize that spring begins in a few days, but April is around the corner which means rainy days. Some may be cold while others are just right. Either way you may want to turn on the trusty old crockpot and sleep the rainy days away. This smelled amazing while cooking and it was even better a couple days later for lunch! This will be staple next winter in our household. (The hubby doesn't know it yet.) I really hope that Pinterest sticks around because I get so many great recipes from there!!

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chicken broth
1 jar medium salsa (I used the Tositio's mild salsa)
1 1/2 tsp of cumin

Place all ingredients in the trusty handy old crockpot. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks. (Or if you have a KitchenAid..I have yet to do this) Put chicken back in crockpot for about 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and top with cheese, sour cream, avocados, etc. I just used shredded cheddar cheese and ate with Ritz Crackers. Reminds me of a good Mexican soup! (Would have been good with some Tositio scoops also!) And as a recurring tradition, I forgot to put corn in it. So if you don't forget add a small package of frozen corn or can of corn. Just be sure to drain the corn if it's in a can.

No comments:

Post a Comment