About Me

My photo
I grew up in Texas. I met the love of my life in college. I didn't realize he was the love of my life until 10 years later!!! We are having an amazing life together. I couldn't ask for more! We have a lab mix named Chance. We rescued him from a local Humane Society. We are currently living in Boston.We miss Texas & our family and friends very much. I love my Mexican food! I have to have it every time we are in Texas.
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Texas vs. East Coast Livin'

I’ve had many people ask me why I miss Texas. The longer I’m on the East Coast, the longer the list seems to be. Some are silly, like getting pickles on your hamburger without asking while others are big, like missing family. So after not being on this blog in almost a month (and I wonder why I have few readers) here is my list of what I miss about that great state Texas:
*Being a few hours’ drive from my mom, dad and ever growing nieces (who are going to be 10 & 14 in May!)
*Not getting to be close to two of my best friends’ kids while they grow up. Thankfully there’s Facebook and one of them blogs, so I’ve got to see pictures (not near enough) of the three cuties. I really do miss out on a lot.
*Not being able to watch all of Sunday or Monday night football. I mean really when a game starts at 8 or the rare 9 pm, I can’t stay up until the wee hours. (I have to be at work at 7 am and need my sleep)
*I rarely get to see the sunset. I get to see the pretty reflection off the massive buildings, but don’t get to see it go away to the other side of the Earth.
*MEXICAN FOOD
*Actually going to the grocery store
*Driving
*Dill Pickles on hamburgers, as a side, etc
*TV Shows starting at normal times (See the bullet a few points up) I mean really, who is going to watch an hour long show at 10 pm?? Thank goodness for the DVR!!
*On the same note 10’o clock news. I’m not all about the 11 o’clock news and rarely watch the 6 o’clock news
*A backyard
*And a house with normal shaped rooms to decorate/paint/craft etc
*Summer
*Pools
*Running in the green grass barefoot
*Normalcy
*People smiling at you
*Asking what kind of coke I want
*Chick-fil-A
*State pride
*Longhorn football
*Being close to SFA to enjoy some of the Alumni activities
I could go on and on about what I miss about the great state of Texas, but I don’t want to bore you. Sure there are things I’m going to miss about NJ: seeing the downtown Manhattan skyline daily, public transportation, being in another state for a weekend getaway, Italian food, pizza, and the craziness of tourists. Also don’t get me wrong. I am extremely grateful that I’ve had the opportunity to live somewhere other than where I was comfortable. It took a while to get adjusted to this new life, but it was fun. We’ll be back in Texas sooner than later now, 2014 needs to hurry up! I hope you enjoyed my list and if you live away from home, maybe you’ll appreciate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment