About Me

My photo
I grew up in Texas. I met the love of my life in college. I didn't realize he was the love of my life until 10 years later!!! We are having an amazing life together. I couldn't ask for more! We have a lab mix named Chance. We rescued him from a local Humane Society. We are currently living in Boston.We miss Texas & our family and friends very much. I love my Mexican food! I have to have it every time we are in Texas.
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Knockoff Washington DC Bistro Recipe

A few weeks when we went to DC, we went to this cute little bistro called Zest Bistro on the southeast end of town. (http://www.zestbistro.com/) If you're in DC, make reservations and go!!! I ordered the Southwest Chicken Risotto and it was TASTY!! I was a little nervous when the waitress asked for the both of you? And I responded no, just for me. It WAS a lot! We could have shared it and probably had a little leftover. As I was eating it, I thought I bet I could make this, so I did! It was more yummy as leftovers, but still good none-the-less. Also after you eat there, save room for dessert. Walk up the street a little ways and go to 32 below. Yummy red velvet yogurt. I actually did a little red velvet with cheesecake yogurt and it was divine! Anyways on to the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
Risotto (cooked according to package directions)
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can Rotel (if you can find the spicy kind, buy that--drain half the juice out)
8 oz Salsa (I bought 16 oz and used the rest for chips:) )
Queso Fresco

Boil the chicken breasts until cooked thoroughly. While they are cooking, you can start making the risotto. In a bowl, put the beans, Rotel and salsa and mix together. After the chicken is done cooking, shred it finely. (I use the Kitchen Aid to save myself burnt fingers) After the chicken is shredded and the risotto is done, mix all together in the bowl. Scoop some out in a bowl and YUMMY!
**I completely forgot to crumble up some queso fresco to add to the top, so make sure you do that!**

No comments:

Post a Comment